Affirmations for Letting Go of Past, Hurt Feelings, Anxiety, Guilt & Worries
At some point in life, we all go through certain experiences, events, people, and emotions that impact our mental and emotional well-being. Those experiences and memories remain stuck in our minds long after they’ve occurred. We want to move on and let go but we feel like we have no control over our thoughts and emotions.
We regularly get flashes of those memories which refresh the negative emotions we’ve experienced and we continue to work ourselves up over it.
Letting go of the past, letting go of our fears, letting go of trapped emotions such as anger, hurt, guilt, resentment, anxiety, and letting go of certain people that we’re supposed to let go of, are crucial for our mental and emotional health.
There’s a lot of work being done on studying the impact of trapped emotions on our mental and physical health, and how letting go and healing from the past can alleviate a lot of health issues.
Do Affirmations Really Help?
Many people are skeptical about affirmations. I was too until I got into mind sciences and realized how effective they can be to help condition our minds for the better.
Affirmations act as suggestions or signals to our mind, but for them to be effective, there must be some conviction and faith when you say them, and there must be a certain amount of repetition to firmly embed those suggestions into our system.
It’s no magic pill, but it sure does help transform our state of mind by getting us out of disempowering thoughts and emotions as well as assisting us in processing whatever is going on in our heads.
A lot of our misery comes from the state of our thoughts, which directly influences our emotional state, and that ultimately manifests in different areas of our life.
So basically, if you can change your state of mind (thoughts), you can influence your entire life experience through it.
These affirmations are designed to cover a wide range of things that often stay stuck within us, things that we must let go of if we want to move forward and live a healthy life.
Affirmations for Letting Go of the Past
- I release all the negative thoughts and emotions that were trapped inside me from the past. Now I cleanse myself from it, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
- I’m ready to move on.
- I choose to let go of anything that is holding me back
- I allow myself to move on to all the good things ahead.
- I release all the burdens that I might be holding on to. I set myself free from it.
- I let go of all the hurt and pain I’ve experienced in the past.
- I allow myself to release all the sorrows.
- I allow myself to heal from the past and become whole again.
- Past has ceased to exist. It only lives in our memories. I can choose to move on from it whenever I want.
- I cherish the good memories and let go of the painful ones.
- Past is over. What I have is Present. I choose to make the best of what I have now.
- I choose to draw my focus toward the present.
- My past doesn’t have to define my future. I can make great shifts by making good choices and decisions from now on.
- I take whatever is there for me to learn from the past, and then I move forward in life with better knowledge and wisdom.
- Time is precious. From now on, I’ll make sure to spend it on things that matter.
- I allow myself to come at peace with the past.
- With every passing moment, I’m healing from the past mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically.
- I’m grateful for all the past experiences, good or bad. They served their purpose.
- I let go of the mistakes I’ve made in the past. They served their purpose of teaching me wisdom and important life lessons. Now I can move on and make my life better through all those learnings and experiences.
- I acknowledge and accept whatever happened in the past without trying to make sense of it or finding someone to blame.
Affirmations for Letting Go of Someone
- I allow myself to let go of any animosity I might be holding
- I allow myself to let go of the people that I’m supposed to let go of.
- I am entirely able to forgive and move on, so I choose to use the best of this ability.
- It’s completely okay for me to miss someone and feel the pain. It’s also okay for me to move on and allow new things to enter my life.
- I make peace with the fact that we are not together. We weren’t meant to be with each other.
- I let go of the mistakes of other people. We are all human beings and even the best of us make mistakes.
- I choose to let go of any bad thing that anyone has said to me. They might be having a bad day or dealing with some problems, loss, grief, or stress, or maybe their pain and challenges have shaped them to be the way they are. I empathize with them as I let go.
- I let go of my grudge and resentment against that person.
- For the sake of my own mental and emotional well-being, I forgive that person.
- I let go of any bitterness I might be carrying from past experiences with people.
- I allow love and compassion to enter my heart once again.
Affirmations for Letting Go of Fear and Anxiety
- I let go of the fear to expose my vulnerabilities. Every human is vulnerable. That’s how we deeply experience and live life to the fullest.
- I let go of all the fears I had about the future and I choose to embrace and enjoy my present.
- It’s okay to be a bit afraid of change and new things. It’s also okay to move on toward that change.
- I gently let go of any fears and anxiety I might be feeling.
- I replace the fears and anxiety with curiosity.
- All things in nature keep moving subtly and gently. I harmonize myself with nature.
- Sometimes things don’t make any sense, and that’s okay.
- I let go of the outer shell I might have made to hide my insecurities.
Affirmations for Letting go of Worry of the Future
- I move forward in life with curiosity, wondering what good things are there for me to learn, explore and experience.
- I leave my worries about the future to God. He is the One who controls the future. I put my trust in Him, He’ll make things better.
- I let go of all the worries.
- It’s okay to not be perfect. Life doesn’t have to be perfect for me to feel happy and content.
- It’s okay to not always be in control of everything.
- It’s completely natural that things don’t always turn out the way we expect.
- Sometimes things make more sense down the road when the wisdom and bigger picture behind it are revealed to us.
- I welcome new blessings and positive changes in life.
- I welcome good people and experiences in life.
- I open myself up to new possibilities.
- I’m grateful for my possessions, yet at the same time, I choose to detach myself from them.
Affirmations for Letting Go of Negative Thoughts and Beliefs
- I release and let go of any negative beliefs I’ve had about myself, other people, or the world in general.
- I let go of any negative, disempowering perceptions that I had of the world and other people, which had led me into negative states of mind.
- With a deep inhale, I allow positivity to enter me, and with a long exhale, I release and let go of any negativity as it leaves my mind, body, and spirit for good.
- I observe the negative thoughts floating in my mind as I gently let them go.
- I let go of the negative opinions and judgments I have about other people.
- I clear my mind of anything that might have a negative influence on me.
- I allow positive, healthy, and productive thoughts to enter my mind.
- I choose to focus on the good that is happening in the world.
Affirmations for Letting Go of Guilt
- I am grateful that I can feel this emotion of guilt. It’s an indication that my conscience is alive and directing me toward better ways.
- I forgive myself for all the mistakes that I’ve made.
- I choose to improve myself by learning from my mistakes and weaknesses.
- I am not perfect, and that is okay. I continue to be better with every passing day.
- I let go of guilt for anything that is not in my control.
- I allow myself to forgive myself and love myself unconditionally.
- I allow myself to flow forward like a fresh river in the mountains.
- Whether I realize it or not, I’m subtly learning and growing with every passing day.
Affirmations for Letting Go of Anger
- I free myself from anger.
- I process and let go of any resentment I have against anyone.
- I deepen my breath and calm my mind with a deep inhale and a long exhale.
- Anger is not good for my mental and physical health. I let go of anger for the sake of my own well-being.
- I choose empathy and patience over anger and agitation.
- I channel any aggressive energy in productive ways.
- I choose to express my anger in a calm and wise manner.
- I relax my body and let go of the urge to lash out.
- I relax all the muscles in my body and let go of any tightness that might be trapping anger within.
How to Use These Affirmations
Our subconscious mind needs repetition to form new patterns and let go of the old ones. Since affirmations are intended to be suggestions for the subconscious mind, they produce the best results when used consistently.
It’s also important to use them attentively and with intention.
Repeat them as often as you like, but to give you a clear guideline, use these affirmations once a day for at least 3 weeks. After that, if you feel like continuing because they make you feel better, then by all means keep using them daily or revisit them once or twice a week.
Feel free to bookmark this article so it’s easier for you to get back to these affirmations whenever you need them.
Consider sharing this article with someone who might also need these affirmations.
Make sure to take good care of yourself, and I’ll see you soon…