The following Affirmations for loving your body are designed specifically to cover the different aspects and challenges of low body image that will help you get into the right headspace to become deeply content with your body and cherish your unique blessings.
For your ease, I’ve divided the affirmations into several sections. Here’s an overview. Feel free to jump between sections:
- Affirmations for Depression
- Dealing with Isolation and Loneliness
- Overcoming Lack of Energy
- Getting Rid of Hopelessness
- Dealing with Lack of Interest
- How to Use These Affirmations to Overcome Depression & Anxiety
- Additional Resources
Dealing With Depression
I know dealing with depression can feel like being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no way out and no help in sight. Trust me, you’re not alone, I’ve dealt with depression for more than a decade and tried a LOT of things to overcome it (except for medication).
You find yourself stuck in this loop of negativity, and it’s hard to see beyond the fog. Your depressed mind convinces you that you’re not good enough or that things won’t get better.
You can be surrounded by people, yet feel like you’re on a deserted island. It’s this isolating experience that makes you hesitate to reach out, even to those who care about you.
The simplest tasks suddenly feel like climbing Mount Everest and the things that you once loved to do, now feel like a chore.
Hobbies become distant memories, and it becomes hard to picture a time when you genuinely enjoyed stuff.
In my In-depth guide on Depression, I’ve shared my findings and reflection after a decade of struggling and experimenting. I’ve discussed what works universally and what doesn’t.
You can read the full guide if you’d like to go deeper, but one of the things that does work is shifting your thoughts, how you interpret circumstances, and how you talk to yourself, which is what the following affirmations are designed to do.
35 Healing Affirmations for Depression
Overcoming Depressive Episodes
1. I am resilient, and each day, I grow stronger in overcoming the challenges that depression throws my way.
2. My mind may sometimes be clouded, but I am finding clarity and peace within myself.
3. I acknowledge my emotions without judgment, understanding that it’s okay not to be okay sometimes.
4. Every breath I take is a step toward healing, and I embrace the journey of self-discovery.
5. I release the weight of negative thoughts, making space for positivity and self-compassion.
6. Each sunrise brings new possibilities, and I am open to the hope that a new day holds.
7. I am not defined by my struggles. I am defined by my strength and resilience.
Dealing with Isolation and Loneliness
1. I am surrounded by love and support, even when it feels like I’m on my own.
2. Connecting with others is a source of strength, and I reach out to build meaningful connections.
3. Loneliness is a passing cloud, and I am the sunshine that breaks through.
4. My worth is not determined by the number of people around me. I am valuable just as I am.
5. I attract positive relationships into my life, and I am never truly alone.
6. I choose to share my feelings, creating bridges that lead to understanding and support.
7. The warmth of connection is always within reach as I embrace the love that surrounds me.
Overcoming Lack of Energy
1. My energy is a precious resource, and I use it wisely to uplift myself and others.
2. With each step I take, my vitality increases, and I am filled with renewed strength.
3. I release fatigue as a surge of energy flows through me, revitalizing my body and mind.
4. Rest is a gift I give to myself. I wake up each day with a replenished spirit.
5. I have boundless energy stored within me, and I tap into it whenever needed.
6. Small actions fuel big changes, and I take deliberate steps to boost my energy levels.
7. My body is a powerhouse of energy, and I am in tune with its natural rhythm.
(Related: 30 Energizing Affirmations for Low Energy)
Getting Rid of Hopelessness
1. I am the architect of my future, and hope is the foundation of my journey.
2. In challenges, I find opportunities for growth, and I move forward with hope in my heart.
3. The road ahead may be uncertain, but I trust that it leads to brighter, more hopeful days.
4. I release despair, and in its place, I cultivate a garden of hope that blossoms within me.
5. Each moment is a chance for renewal, and I choose to embrace optimism and possibility.
6. My dreams are within reach, and I pursue them with unwavering hope and determination.
7. I am a beacon of hope, shining brightly even in the darkest of times.
Dealing with Lack of Interest
1. I rediscover joy in the simple pleasures of life, nurturing a genuine interest in the world around me.
2. My passions are a compass guiding me to fulfillment, and I allow myself to explore and enjoy them.
3. The spark of curiosity within me never fades. It ignites my interest in new and exciting experiences.
4. I release the grip of apathy, embracing a renewed enthusiasm for the things that bring me happiness.
5. I am a magnet for positive experiences, and my life is filled with activities that captivate my interest.
6. Each day is an opportunity to discover something new that sparks my passion and fuels my enthusiasm.
7. I embrace the unique journey that makes me who I am, knowing that everything around me somehow contributes to a vibrant and fulfilling life.
How to Use These Affirmations to Get Rid of Depression and Anxiety
|Pick the top 10 affirmations for Depression that are relevant to your particular situation and resonate with you the most. The ones that connect with you on a deeper level and feel the most meaningful to you.
|Write those affirmations on paper or your phone and dedicate 5-10 minutes each day to focus on these affirmations. Pick a time that suits you best. First thing in the morning, during lunch break, before bed, or when you find yourself feeling low and depressed (which is the best time to use these affirmations!).
|As you say these affirmations for depression, visualize them as if it’s your current reality. Vividly see yourself in a confident and relaxed state, handling tasks with ease, achieving your goals, and operating at your best potential.
|As you do this practice, notice the shifts in your state of mind. Notice how you subtly grow more relaxed and confident, feeling a sense of calm and contentment. Also notice any doubts, negative thoughts, or anxiety creeping in during this practice. Acknowledge those thoughts and gently let them go. It’s okay. You’re doing just fine. Just bring your focus back on positive and proactive thoughts and visualization.
|Be gentle and patient with yourself. It can take some time to start reaping the benefits of this practice. If you don’t feel any significant improvement in the first couple of days, it’s okay. Just trust the process and be consistent in your use of these affirmations.
|Periodically switch up your list of top 10 affirmations and pick new affirmations from this list. Bookmark this page so it’s easier for you to return to this list.
|Remember that affirmations are a “tool” designed to help you positively reprogram your mind toward improvement. Affirmations work best when complemented with practical actions such as setting goals for improvement, taking measures to eliminate negativity and distractions as much as possible, and practicing mindfulness in your everyday life.
One of the things that keep us stuck in the past is the patterns of negative thoughts and emotions that our mind falls into, making us feel trapped in the past and overwhelmed with emotions that we find hard to deal with.
If that is true for you, please read the following in-depth guides:
Also, check out the following affirmations as they might be relevant to your specific situation. Pick the best affirmations from each and write them down where you can access them easily (or just bookmark the links):
I hope these affirmations help you see things in a new light.
It’s okay to ask for help. Seriously, talking about it helps. There’s strength in vulnerability, and reaching out doesn’t make you weak. It makes you human.
It’s a journey, not a sprint. Some days will suck, but others will surprise you. You’re not defined by your lowest moments. Keep going, even if it’s just a tiny step. You’re worth it, and so is the possibility of brighter days ahead.
If you want to share something with me, feel free to do so in the comments section below. I read and respond to every comment.
Make sure to take good care of yourself! Wishing the best for you, always!
See you in the next one!