Breaking up with someone can be tough. You might feel sad, mad, or just plain frustrated, and that’s totally normal.
When a breakup happens, both people usually end up with a bunch of mixed-up emotions. Some of them are good, like feeling relieved, but there’s also sadness, hurt, guilt, regret, and other tricky feelings that can create a big emotional mess.
Every relationship is unique, so breakups affect everyone differently. But one thing’s for sure, most of us feel pretty down after a breakup.
If you hang onto those negative feelings for too long, it can mess with your life. You might lose the energy to get things done, start feeling lonely, or even lose your appetite. In some cases, it can even mess with your health.
That’s why it’s super important to move on from a breakup after you’ve had time to process your emotions. Moving on helps you get your groove back, and who knows, you might even find the right person when the time is right.
Moving can take some time, and it’s totally normal to have all kinds of feelings along the way. You’ve got to recognize those feelings, but be careful not to get too stuck in them.
You’ve got to rise above the fear, sadness, and pain before you can really move on. Finding peace and clarity is key to getting back on your feet. Only then can you start looking for a healthy relationship when you’re ready.
Remembering the good times is okay too, but if you dwell on them too much, you can get stuck in the past.
Learning how to move on after a breakup isn’t just good for your mind and heart, it’s good for your body too.
You’ll eat better, sleep better, and have more energy to stay active and productive which in turn will make it a lot easier to move forward with your life.
How Can Affirmations Help You Heal from Heartbreak
When we talk about using positive affirmations during heartbreak, it might sound a bit strange. Heartbreak can be one of the toughest things you’ll ever go through in life. It’s not something you can simply brush aside with some positive words.
So, let’s get one thing straight: using affirmations when your heart is hurting doesn’t mean you’re ignoring the pain.
Actually, the affirmations we’ll look into are all about letting yourself feel every emotion you have, whether it’s good or bad. They’ll help you navigate through this tough time and facilitate the healing process.
You don’t have to rush through this journey thought. You can heal at your own speed.
You deserve deep and unconditional love. But it’s not just about love from others, it’s about loving yourself. You deserve your own time, care, and attention. You’re worth loving fully, no matter what season of life you’re in.
The words we speak over and over have a direct impact on our subconscious mind and Affirmations are simple yet powerful phrases that you repeat often to change the direction of your thoughts and mental state to a more positive one, while at the same time, overcoming disempowering thoughts and negative emotions.
Research studies have shown that Self-affirmation activates brain systems associated with self-related processing and enables you to tap into resourceful and proactive states.
The affirmations below are designed to help you:
- Let go of hurt feelings and move on from the past.
- Cope with betrayal trauma.
- Stop missing your Ex.
- Open yourself up for a fresh start and new beginnings in life.
- Find your inner strength and peace.
56 Positive Affirmations to Get Over Heartbreak
Affirmations for Letting Go of Someone You Love
1. I release the past and embrace a future filled with love and happiness.
2. Letting go sets my heart free to find new love and joy.
3. I am strong enough to release what no longer serves me.
4. The pain of letting go will transform into the strength of moving forward.
5. I trust that life has better plans in store for me.
6. I choose to let go with grace, knowing it’s a step towards my own happiness.
7. My heart is open to new possibilities and new experiences.
Affirmations for Letting Go of Hurt
1. I release the hurt and make space for healing and growth.
2. Forgiveness is my gift to myself as I choose to let go of resentment.
3. I am stronger than the pain that has touched me.
4. Healing begins when I let go of the pain that no longer serves me.
5. I am worthy of a life free from emotional burdens.
6. I choose to focus on positivity and release negativity from my heart.
7. My inner peace is more valuable than holding onto hurt.
Affirmations for Betrayal Trauma
1. I acknowledge my pain and choose to heal from betrayal.
2. My Trust in myself and my judgment is my foundation for healing.
3. I accept whatever happened and release the weight of betrayal.
4. My heart and spirit are resilient, and I will rise above this pain.
5. I am deserving of love and respect in all my relationships.
6. Betrayal will not define my future. I am in control of my destiny.
7. I forgive to set myself free from the burdens of pain.
Affirmations for When You Miss Your Ex
1. Missing my ex is a natural part of the healing process.
2. My future holds opportunities for love and happiness.
3. I cherish the memories but look forward to new experiences.
4. I am growing stronger every day, even when I miss them.
5. Letting go allows me to create space for a healthier love.
6. My worth is not tied to my past relationship.
7. I release the past and embrace the present with hope.
Affirmations to Heal and Let Go
1. Healing is my priority, and I am committed to my own well-being.
2. With each passing day, my heart is growing full of peace and love.
3. I release old wounds to make room for new beginnings.
4. Healing is a journey and a process. I trust this process.
5. My scars are a testament to my strength and resilience.
6. I let go of pain, and in its place, I invite healing energy into my life.
7. I am worthy of happiness, and I choose to let go and heal.
Affirmations for New Beginnings
1. Every day is a chance to start anew and create a brighter future.
2. I welcome new beginnings with open arms and an open heart.
3. Change is an opportunity for growth, and I embrace it.
4. I trust in the beauty of new experiences and fresh starts.
5. My past does not define me. My actions today shape my future.
6. I release old chapters to write a compelling new story of my life.
7. I am excited for the adventures that come with new beginnings.
Affirmations for Trusting Again
1. I am learning to trust myself and my instincts.
2. Trust is the foundation of healthy relationships, and I am open to it.
3. I release fear and doubt and invite trust into my life.
4. I attract trustworthy and authentic people into my life.
5. My heart is resilient, and I am capable of trusting again.
6. Trusting is a sign of strength, and I choose to be strong.
7. I am worthy of love and trust, and I believe in the goodness of others.
Affirmations for Finding Inner Strength and Peace
1. I possess the inner strength to face any challenge life presents.
2. Inner peace is my sanctuary, and I cultivate it daily.
3. I release anxiety and stress while embracing tranquility and calmness.
4. My inner strength guides me through difficult times.
5. I trust in my resilience and ability to find peace within chaos.
6. I am centered and grounded in the midst of life’s storms.
7. My inner strength and peace are my greatest assets in life.
How to Use These Affirmations to Get Over Heartbreak
|1.||Pick the top 10 affirmations for Heartbreak that are relevant to your particular situation and resonate with you the most. The ones that connect with you on a deeper level and feel the most meaningful to you.|
|2.||Write those affirmations on paper or on your phone and dedicate 5-10 minutes each day to focus on these affirmations. Pick a time that suits you best. First thing in the morning, during lunch break, before bed, or when you find yourself hurting or missing your ex (which is the best time to use these affirmations!).|
|3.||As you say these affirmations for insecurity, visualize them as if it’s your current reality. Vividly see yourself in a healed and relaxed state, handling life with ease, being happy and healthy, and operating at your best potential.|
|4.||As you do this practice, notice the shifts in your state of mind. Notice how you subtly grow more relaxed and relieved, feeling a sense of calm and contentment. Also notice any doubts, negative thoughts, or anxiety creeping in during this practice. Acknowledge those thoughts and gently let them go. It’s okay. You’re doing just fine. Just bring your focus back on positive and proactive thoughts and visualization.|
|5.||Be gentle and patient with yourself. It can take some time to start reaping the benefits of this practice. If you don’t feel any significant improvement in the first couple of days, it’s okay. Just trust the process and be consistent in your use of these affirmations.|
|6.||Periodically switch up your list of top 10 affirmations and pick new affirmations from this list. Bookmark this page so it’s easier for you to return to this list.|
|7.||Remember that affirmations are a “tool” designed to help you positively reprogram your mind toward healing and improvement. Affirmations work best when complemented with practical actions such as engaging in self-care activities, setting goals for yourself, taking measures to eliminate negativity as much as possible, and making everyday choices that help you heal and get back on track.|
Additional Resources to Overcoming Heartbreak
Make sure to check out the following affirmations articles as they might be relevant to your specific situation.
Pick the best affirmations from each and write them down where you can access them easily (or just bookmark the links):
- Affirmations for Letting Go of Past and Hurt Feelings
- Affirmations to Overcome Grief and Cope with Loss
- Affirmations for Self-Forgiveness
- Affirmations for Relationship Anxiety
- Grounding Affirmations to Center Your Energy
Hope these affirmations help you heal and move on. Make sure to take good care of yourself. Wishing the best for you, always!
See you in the next one!