The following Affirmations for Emotional Healing and Trauma are designed specifically to cover the different aspects and challenges of healing from traumas that will help you get into the right headspace to start mending your mind and soul.
These affirmations will hopefully help you process the thoughts and emotions that come along the way as you continue to heal.
For your ease, I’ve divided the affirmations into several sections. Here’s an overview. Feel free to jump between sections:
- Healing Affirmations for Trauma
- Managing Flashback and Triggers
- Emotional Healing
- Coping with Guilt and Shame
- Dealing with Resentment
- Handling Anxiety and Fear
- Finding Closure
- Developing Healthy Coping Mechanisms
- How to Use These Affirmations to Heal from Trauma
- Additional Resources for Emotional Healing
Dealing With Trauma and Emotional Wounds
Navigating the journey of trauma and emotional healing starts with acknowledging the pain, and allowing yourself to face the reality of what you’ve been through.
It’s okay to admit that it hurts, that it has left a mark.
Healing is a gradual process, much like tending to a wound, so being gentle with yourself is key.
Understand that your feelings are valid and deserving of attention and care. Give yourself the compassion you would offer a friend going through a tough time.
Accepting your feelings without judgment. This will allow you to dissociate from your experiences a bit and understand them on a deeper level.
This will also enable you to gently shift the emotions associated with past experiences in a way that ultimately leads to inner peace, allowing you to reclaim your sense of self and move forward with strength.
Flashbacks and triggers may emerge unexpectedly, like sudden storms on your path. When they occur, remember to ground yourself. Breathe deeply, focus on the present, and remind yourself that you are safe now.
Sometimes we need closure to our past, but closure may not always come in a neat package. Sometimes, it’s about finding peace within the unresolved. Know that healing is a continuous journey, and closure can be a gradual unfolding rather than an abrupt conclusion.
Top 40 Affirmations for Trauma and Emotional Healing
Healing Affirmations for Trauma
1. I am resilient, and each day, I move closer to healing from the wounds of my past.
2. My inner strength guides me through the process of healing as I embrace my journey.
3. As I acknowledge my pain, I open the door to profound healing and self-discovery.
4. With compassion as my compass, I navigate the path of healing, honoring my unique journey.
5. Every step I take towards healing is a powerful testament to my courage and inner resilience.
Managing Flashbacks and Triggers
1. I ground myself in the present, letting go of the grip of past flashbacks with each deep breath.
2. I am in control of my reactions, calmly steering through triggers with strength and resilience.
3. Each trigger is an opportunity for me to practice self-compassion and gentle reflection.
4. I release the past by embracing the safety of the present moment.
5. I am building resilience by learning to navigate through triggers with a steady and grounded spirit.
Affirmations for Emotional Healing
1. My emotions are valid, and I give myself the space to feel and heal.
2. In embracing my emotions, I uncover the keys to profound healing.
3. Each day, I nurture my emotional well-being, allowing love and healing to flow within me.
4. God’s healing flows through every part of my existence, and my heart grows lighter with each passing day.
5. I am connected to the healing energy within as I surrender into a deep state of peace, relaxation, and wholeness.
Coping with Guilt and Shame
1. I release guilt and shame, understanding that they no longer serve my well-being.
2. Compassion surrounds me, dismantling the walls of guilt and shame with every breath.
3. I forgive myself and let go of the weight of guilt, allowing space for healing and growth.
4. Today, I choose self-love over self-blame, freeing myself from the chains of shame.
5. I am worthy of love and understanding, shedding the layers of guilt to embrace my true self.
Dealing with Resentment
1. I release resentment, making room for compassion and understanding in my heart.
2. Letting go of resentment allows me to cultivate peace within and around me.
3. Forgiveness is my strength. I choose to liberate myself from the burden of resentment.
4. Today, I break free from the chains of resentment, embracing the freedom that forgiveness brings.
5. I am the architect of my emotions and I choose to construct a foundation of peace and forgiveness within my heart.
Handling Anxiety and Fear
1. I confront anxiety and fear with courage, knowing that I am stronger than my worries.
2. My inner calm is a shield against anxiety, and I trust my ability to face life’s challenges.
3. Fear is a passing cloud. I am the steady blue sky that remains unaffected by its presence.
4. I release the grip of anxiety as I allow a deep sense of peace to flow through me.
5. Each breath I take calms the storm of fear, leaving me with a serene and resilient spirit.
1. I find closure within myself, recognizing that healing is an ongoing journey.
2. Closure is not an endpoint but a continuous unfolding, and I embrace the evolving chapters of my life.
3. Today, I release the need for external closure and find solace in my internal sense of peace.
4. Closure is my creation, and I shape it with the wisdom gained from my experiences.
5. I am at peace with the unresolved. My journey is a testament to my strength and patience.
Developing Healthy Coping Mechanisms
1. I cultivate healthy coping mechanisms that nurture my mental, physical, and spiritual well-being.
2. Each day, I discover new and better ways to cope with stress, building a toolkit of self-care strategies.
3. My coping mechanisms are empowering, providing me with strength and clarity in challenging times.
4. I choose actions that uplift my spirit as I create a foundation of well-being through healthy coping.
5. As I develop healthy coping mechanisms, I empower myself to face life’s twists with grace and resilience.
How to Use These Affirmations for Emotional Healing
|Pick the top 10 affirmations for Emotional Healing that are relevant to your particular situation and resonate with you the most. The ones that connect with you on a deeper level and feel the most meaningful to you.
|Write those affirmations on paper or your phone and dedicate 5-10 minutes each day to focus on these affirmations. Pick a time that suits you best. First thing in the morning, during lunch break, before bed, or when you find yourself stuck in the past (which is the best time to use these affirmations!).
|As you say these affirmations for emotional healing, visualize them as your current reality. Vividly see yourself in a relaxed state, being fulfilled and whole, handling life with ease, and operating at your best potential.
|As you do this practice, notice the shifts in your state of mind. Notice how you subtly grow more relaxed and relieved, feeling a sense of calm and contentment. Also notice any doubts, negative thoughts, or anxiety creeping in during this practice. Acknowledge those thoughts and gently let them go. It’s okay. You’re doing just fine. Just bring your focus back on positive and proactive thoughts and visualization.
|Be gentle and patient with yourself. It can take some time to start reaping the benefits of this practice. If you don’t feel any significant improvement in the first couple of days, it’s okay. Just trust the process and be consistent in your use of these affirmations.
|Periodically switch up your list of top 10 affirmations and pick new affirmations from this list. Bookmark this page so it’s easier for you to return to this list.
|Remember that affirmations are a “tool” designed to help you positively reprogram your mind toward improvement. Affirmations work best when complemented with practical actions such as making efforts for improvement, taking measures to eliminate negativity and distractions as much as possible, and practicing mindfulness in your everyday life.
One of the things that keep us stuck in the past is the patterns of negative thoughts and emotions that our mind falls into, making us feel trapped in the past and overwhelmed with emotions that we find hard to deal with.
If that is true for you, please read the following in-depth guides:
Also, check out the following affirmations as they might be relevant to your specific situation. Pick the best affirmations from each and write them down where you can access them easily (or just bookmark the links):
I hope these affirmations help you heal and gently overcome the traumas and emotional wounds you’ve experienced.
Relationships, both with yourself and others, play a vital role in emotional healing, so make sure to nurture connections that uplift you. Share your story with those you trust, for in vulnerability, strength is found.
If you want to share something with me, feel free to do so in the comments section below. I read and respond to every comment.
Take good care of yourself! Wishing the best for you, always!
See you in the next one!