Writing this list of affirmations for cancer patients is close to my heart since my family has its fair share of dealing with all that comes when someone in the home is diagnosed with cancer.
Before we dive into the affirmations, I just want you to know that if you or your loved one is going through cancer, I know how you feel and have some idea of what you might be going through.
I’m here for you. It’s a challenging journey but you are strong and you will get through this.
8 years ago, my father was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Needless to say, it was the most devastating thing we went through as a family. Emotionally, spiritually, and financially that was easily the toughest time of our lives.
What kept us going during that time was hope, faith, and patience.
Hope that nothing is impossible. There are examples of hundreds of people across the world who have recovered fully from what seems to be terminal cancer. So I knew that there is always a possibility of recovery since our body is designed to heal itself perfectly and restore back to a healthy state.
Faith that even if things didn’t go as I wished, somehow it will still be in our favor. Faith that there is higher wisdom behind all the challenges of life. I sought to learn whatever the trials wanted to teach me.
Patience with a belief that whatever my father and my family are going through is cleansing us spiritually. No pain or suffering goes in vain except that we are cleansed in the process if we have faith and hope.
Positive affirmations, prayers, and a hopeful mindset really helped me and my family go through those times. I have designed the following affirmations to help you (or your loved one) cultivate healing, calmness, hope, and faith.
Here’s what we will cover in this guide:
Can Affirmations Help Cure Cancer?
Some people might be skeptical about affirmations and rightfully so. A lot of things portrayed about affirmations make them seem like a magic pill or something superstitious.
Often, the way affirmations are phrased makes a lot of people feel as if they’re enchanting wishful and unrealistic phrases or trying to deny reality.
The purpose of affirmations is not to ignore reality but to focus our mental, physical and spiritual energy on things that will help resolve problems and get us through the challenges.
In the case of affirmations for cancer, which will look into below, it will help your subconscious mind to focus its energy towards healing your body, tapping into your genetic potential to heal and restore the body to full health.
There have been many studies on the mind-body connection and the impact our mental state has on our health.
Many diseases have been linked to stress, unhealed traumas, and negative beliefs.
On the other hand, many cures, healing, and improvements in the quality of health have been found to be directly connected to a positive set of beliefs, proactive behaviors, and a good mental state according to many studies.
According to experts in the field of Progressive Medicine, the human body is programmed to restore and heal itself perfectly.
Our body is equipped with all the necessary tools and abilities to restore itself to its healthier version if we remove the things that are getting in the way of our healing.
The two things that usually get in the way of healing are:
- A negative mindset
- An unhealthy lifestyle (bad sleeping and eating habits + lack of physical activity).
Healing Affirmations can certainly facilitate cancer recovery by improving our mental state putting us in a more positive, proactive, relaxed, and hopeful mindset that sends strong signals to our nervous system to facilitate the healing process.
There have been numerous examples where people healed from terminal cancer by shifting the quality of their thoughts and beliefs, along with some improvements in their lifestyle and eating habits.
A really good article on how our minds affect our health is published on Berkeley University’s website by psychologist Jill Suttie, Psy.D.
67 Affirmations To Help Heal Cancer
1. My body is fully capable of restoring itself to its original healthy state.
2. My immune system is fighting off and killing any malignant or harmful cells in my body.
3. Cancer doesn’t define me, it’s but a condition that I’m going through.
4. I allow myself to relax, mentally and physically.
5. I allow myself to let go of any mental barriers that might be getting in the way of my recovery.
6. I acknowledge my worries and then let go of them with a deep breath.
7. I allow my nervous system to release any past trauma that might be stuck in my body.
8. I allow my body to be receptive to the treatment I’m receiving.
9. I vividly envision my healthiest and strongest body (go ahead and spend some time vividly envisioning a healthier version of yourself every day).
10. My body has been serving me continuously all these years. I allow myself to acknowledge this favor and feel deeply grateful for this blessing.
11. I am surrounded by all the love of my friends and family. My body absorbs all this loving energy as it heals and recovers.
12. I choose to cultivate faith and hope.
13. I allow myself to be at peace with my body, with my soul, with divine Will, and with nature.
14. I send deep gratitude to every part of my body for serving me well since the day I was born.
15. I breathe lovingly into the affected area of my body and gradually release the pain with every exhale.
16. I welcome all the learnings and wisdom these challenges offer.
17. I practice patience and contentment during the time it takes for me to heal fully.
18. Resentment goes against healing. I choose kindness and forgiveness over resentment.
19. Whenever I rest and sleep, my body heals faster.
20. I let go of any thoughts, worries, or emotions that might be getting in the way of my healing.
21. I welcome all the healing thoughts and energies that facilitate my recovery.
22. Every positive thought is like a gentle breeze that heals and refreshes my mind, body, and soul.
23. I choose peaceful contentment and gentle healing over fighting and resisting.
24. I patiently allow my body to take as long as it needs to heal fully.
25. A perfect code to perfect health and healing is built into the DNA of every cell in my body.
26. All the cells and organs in my body are working in my favor to provide me with the best health.
27. I remove any mental or physical habit that disturbs my healing process.
28. I welcome divine healing light to flow through my body like a beautiful calming river washing away impurities with its refreshing water.
29. I allow myself to become more receptive to healing.
30. I nourish my body with healthy foods, I nourish my mind with positive thoughts, and I nourish my soul with love, care, and kindness towards others and myself.
31. Every part of my body is working together beautifully in synchronization.
32. I allow myself to experience and immerse in deep gratitude for all the blessings I have enjoyed in the past, and all the blessings that I cherished today and in the future.
33. I choose to focus on my blessings.
36. I welcome positive people into my life who bring love and care into my life.
37. I gently let go of people who I don’t find positive or who don’t have a good influence on my mind, body, and soul.
37. My immune system is defending my body at all times.
38. I give my body the love, care, and attention it needs to relieve the pain.
39. I gently shift my focus away from the pain and onto something relaxing, calming, and uplifting.
40. Life is not happening to me. It’s happening for me.
41. I relieve myself of any mental burden or emotional baggage that I have as I let go.
42. I allow myself to gradually let go of fear and anxiety as I relax by deepening my breath.
43. I heal and recover easily and effortlessly.
44. Good health is my body’s default state.
45. I gently harmonize my mind and thoughts to support my body’s healing process.
46. I choose to occupy my mind with an inspiring vision of a healthy life.
47. As my body mends itself, I mend and heal my relationships with people.
48. I gently acknowledge and honor what my body tries to tell me.
49. I trust the process of life and destiny.
50. I only allow healing foods to enter my body, healing thoughts to enter my mind, and healing actions to nourish my soul.
51. My body is doing whatever is necessary to become whole again.
52. I let go of any limiting beliefs and negative perspectives I have about myself, about life, and about the world in general.
53. I improve my outlook on life as it puts me in a positive and healing state.
54. My body has served as a home for my soul in this world and I’m indebted and filled with gratitude that it’s been doing so much for me without me having to think about it.
55. From now on, I choose to cherish every pleasant sensation I experience, whether it be eating good food, spending time in nature, or talking to a loved one.
56. I cultivate mindfulness as I enjoy the present moment.
57. I forgive myself for any regrets I have and make any possible amends now to the best of my ability.
59. I find peace in remembrance of God as the time I spend remembering Him heals my soul.
60. Time has always been precious. Instead of worrying, I choose to spend my time wisely and proactively.
61. There is no better healing experience than giving to others. I share my blessings with people without expecting anything in return.
62. I love the people around me unconditionally.
63. I let go of any negative assumptions I’ve had about anyone.
64. I let go of my ego and mend my ties with the people in my life.
65. I occupy myself with activities that uplift me.
66. Nothing is easy unless when God eases it. I ask God to ease my difficulties and troubles and I ask Him for patience while I continue to heal.
67. I ask God the Almighty to relieve my pain and heal my body, indeed He is the best Healer.
How to Use Affirmations to Heal Cancer
Find a quiet and comfortable place to sit where you’ll be uninterrupted for at least 20-30 minutes. As you read these affirmations, be mindful and read each one with intention and purpose.
Do this mindful affirming practice at least 2-3 times a day. If you find it difficult to go through all of the affirmations in one sitting, divide them up.
Feel free to repeat the affirmations that resonate with you the most multiple times.
Make sure you support your healing process by eating healing foods, being around positive people, practicing deep breathing, sleeping as much as necessary, and whatever treatment your doctor has prescribed.
For more healing affirmations, feel free to check out my other 75 Healing Affirmations Guide. Although both guides are quite similar in nature, you’ll find some extra variety of affirmations in this guide.
Make sure to bookmark or save the link somewhere so it’s easier for you to return to the article.
If you want to express and share how you’re feeling, the comments section is always open for you. I read and respond to every single comment on this blog. I would love to hear from you so go ahead and write your heart out!
I wish and pray the very best for you. May you be healed and recover fully, and may God ease all of your difficulties. Please take good care of yourself and put a beautiful smile on your face 🙂
Talk to you Soon!