Our ideas and attitudes about ourselves, especially how we regard our bodies, have a huge impact on the quality of our emotions, our personality, and how we experience life.
Someone who has a positive body image will clearly radiate confidence and even charisma, compared to someone who has lower self-esteem because of having a negative body image.
Body positive affirmations provide a technique to cultivate a good body image and develop self-acceptance in a culture that frequently holds people to unattainable standards of beauty.
What exactly are affirmations?
Affirmations are uplifting statements that are frequently repeated to train the subconscious mind to operate and maintain an empowering state of mind, enabling us to combat negative ideas and swap them out with productive ones.
Affirmations are scientifically proven to help us change the way we think, especially about ourselves, boosting our confidence, and enabling us to enjoy a better relationship with our body as we mindfully and consistently incorporate those affirmations into our everyday lives.
The Power of Body Positive Affirmations for Improving Body Image
Affirmations have a remarkable capacity to alter the way we think and feel. We can overcome negative self-talk and challenge deeply ingrained beliefs related to our worth and appearance by regularly repeating positive affirmations about our bodies.
The body positive affirmations we’ll look into below will help you shift your viewpoint by focusing on self-acceptance, self-love, and gratitude for the distinctive characteristics that make us who we are. It is totally possible to escape the harmful cycle of self-criticism and adopt a more kind and empowered perspective of our bodies by utilizing the power of affirmations.
Affirmations for Body Neutrality
Body neutrality is a philosophy and mindset toward body image that shifts the focus away from external appearance and more toward functionality.
Unlike body positivity which focuses on celebrating and unconditionally loving your body at all times, body neutrality just simply takes the obsession over physical appearance out of the equation altogether while encouraging you to appreciate your body for what it can do and how it serves you rather than how it looks.
It acknowledges that human bodies come in diverse shapes, features, and sizes and that the worth and value of an individual goes far beyond their superficial appearance.
Some people might resonate with the concept of body positivity while others might find body neutrality more relatable and digestible, so I have included affirmations for both, starting with body neutrality:
1. I embrace the idea of body neutrality and realize that my true value lies beyond my looks.
2. My body is a tool that enables me to experience life fully and deserves to be cherished for how useful it is in my day-to-day life.
3. I choose to embrace and appreciate my body as it is as I let go of the need to judge it.
4. I am mindful and deeply grateful for my body’s special abilities and talents.
5. My character and deeds are what define me as a person, not my physical features.
6. Rather than fixating on my body’s apparent shortcomings, I prefer to put my attention on taking care of myself and nourishing my body.
7. I respect and value the physical diversity that exists within human beings, including my own.
8. Regardless of its size, form, or flaws, my body deserves care, love, and compassion.
9. I gracefully and gratefully let go of society’s expectations and accept my body in its natural form.
10. I learned to embrace and love my body more every day and to value its individuality.
11. My body is a magnificent creation that is worthy of respect and admiration.
12. I let go of the drive for comparison and accept that everybody is wonderfully unique.
13. Regardless of how my body might evolve, I am worthy of love and acceptance.
14. Every day, I make the decision to feed my body with love, encouraging thoughts, and self-acceptance.
Affirmations for Body Positivity
1. I accept and cherish my physical characteristics and value the distinctiveness they provide to my overall look.
2. I appreciate my body’s durability and usefulness and the amazing things it enables me to achieve.
3. I make the decision to value each portion of my body for what it is and its unique individual value.
4. Recognising that my body is a reflection of my journey and experiences, I honor and accept the size and shape of my body.
5. I respect my body’s curves and shapes, realizing that they add to my attractiveness and femininity or masculinity.
6. I am grateful for my muscles’ tenacity and toughness and recognize the strength they bring to my assistance.
7. I love the look and feel of my skin, appreciating its special qualities and the story it conveys.
8. I recognize that my physical characteristics are a part of who I am and that I love and embrace them.
9. I respect and embrace my body’s proportions and like the harmony and balance they bring.
10. Today I choose to embrace my scars and markings as a part of my journey and see them as symbols of my fortitude and resilience.
11. I am appreciative of the beauty and usefulness of my hands and feet and feel deeply grateful for their capacity to touch, grip, and move.
12. I accept and appreciate my entire body, understanding that it makes me uniquely attractive.
Affirmations for Body Dysmorphia
1. I am a whole and important individual; I am beyond my apparent imperfections.
2. I am worthy of love and acceptance; my value is not determined by the way I look.
3. I make a conscious choice to embrace my actual attractiveness by viewing myself with empathy and objectivity.
4. I let go of the desire to dwell on my perceived flaws and instead develop the ability to accept myself.
5. I am aware that my view of my body may be skewed, and I open myself to refreshing perspectives to see myself more clearly.
6. I choose to concentrate on my development and growth rather than on my weaknesses since I am continually expanding and improving.
7. I am kind and empathetic with myself while I process and work through the condition of body dysmorphia.
8. I am strong and able to heal within as I establish a better connection and a healthy relationship with my body.
9. I am in charge of my own ideas and perceptions; I refuse to allow body dysmorphia to lead the way I think about myself.
10. Every day, I appreciate my inner strengths that go above and beyond my outward appearance.
11. I choose to surround myself with people who inspire me and help me on my path to accepting who I am.
12. No matter how body dysmorphia may make me feel, I deserve self-compassion and self-care.
13. I accept my individuality and recognize that my apparent defects make me wholly and beautifully human.
Affirmations for Overcoming Comparison and Inferiority Complex
1. I let go of the desire to judge my body against others as I acknowledge that I’m beautiful in my own way.
2. Regardless of how my body may deviate from cultural norms, I am deserving of love and respect.
3. I appreciate the variety of bodies I see around me and am aware that we are all traveling through our own unique life paths.
4. Rather than focusing on how I compare to others, I prefer to concentrate on my own development.
5. I am completely comfortable in my own flesh.
6. I throw away the desire to look to other people for praise and accept my own self-approval.
7. I am attractive in my own unique manner, and I exude assurance and confidence.
8. Rather than criticizing my body for falling short of unrealistic expectations, I honor and value all that it accomplishes for me.
9. No one else’s physique can determine my value as a person since I am one of a kind and irreplaceable.
10. I make a conscious choice to surround myself with inspiration and optimism while maintaining my integrity.
11. I let go of the weight of judgment and adopt a philosophy of self-acceptance and love.
12. My integrity, generosity, kindness, and inner strength characterize me more than my outward looks.
Affirmations to Get Rid of Self-Loathing and Cultivating Self-Love
1. I give similar love and respect to myself that I give to the people I care about.
2. I choose to embrace self-love as the cornerstone of my well-being as I let go of self-hatred.
3. I am kind and compassionate to my body and respect its beauty and worth.
4. I stop talking negatively to myself and instead use positive, empowering phrases to describe my appearance.
5. I prioritize lovingly and gently nourishing my body and mind because I deserve to take care of myself.
6. I make the decision to appreciate everything that my body enables me to achieve and to regard it as a vehicle for happiness and pleasure.
7. I accept any apparent shortcomings in myself and choose to focus on the things that make me special instead.
8. I let go of the demand for perfection and welcome the path of self-acceptance and personal development.
9. I am appreciative of my body and all the remarkable ways it keeps me alive.
10. I make the decision to see my body with gratitude, appreciating its ability to endure and recover.
11. I love and accept myself and am proud of who I am on the inside and out.
12. I surround myself with encouraging influences and messages to help me develop a healthy body image.
Affirmations for Body Acceptance
1. I totally accept and love my body for its distinctive shape and form.
2. My body is an exceptional piece of art that deserves to be respected and cherished for what it is.
3. I make the decision to reject societal norms and embrace what I deem to be beautiful and deserving.
4. I am grateful for my body’s tremendous talents and treat it with respect.
5. I let go of the desire for comparison and embrace the journey toward body positivity and self-acceptance.
6. The love and compassion I offer to myself and other people is what defines my true value as a human.
7. I am at peace with my bodily imperfections.
8. I make the decision to value my body as a source of convenience, efficiency, and utility.
9. I create a harmonious relationship with my body and mind by taking care of and loving myself.
10. I acknowledge that beauty may take on limitless shapes and I celebrate the variety of all bodies.
11. Knowing that genuine beauty emanates from self-acceptance and self-love, I prefer to concentrate on the traits that make me glow from the inside out.
12. My body is the home of my soul. I choose to feed it with love, optimistic thoughts, and good decisions.
Affirmations for Self-Worth
1. Love, respect, and happiness are things I am innately worthy and deserving of.
2. I am aware of and grateful for my unique talents, and traits.
3. I let go of the desire for outside affirmation and seek my own internal validation.
4. My value derives from my intrinsic value as a human being and is not determined by the materialistic views of others.
5. I don’t need to prove myself to anyone, I am enough.
6. I firmly state my needs, limitations, and boundaries while accepting my inherent value.
7. I deserve to put my needs first at times and treat myself with respect and kindness.
8. I am able to design a satisfying life for myself and I deserve success and pleasure.
9. I make the decision to be among individuals who influence and encourage me to grow.
10. I deserve to be forgiven and to have compassion for myself so that I may develop and learn from my mistakes.
11. Regardless of how great or tiny my successes may be, I recognize and appreciate them.
12. I recognize my importance and truly share my light in the world, knowing that I have something special to contribute.
Affirmations for Embracing Your Facial Features
1. I am pleased with my distinctive facial characteristics since they make me beautifully individual.
2. I recognize the uniqueness of my facial characteristics and value how they reflect my ethnic heritage.
3. My face is a canvas that represents the inner beauty and power I possess, and it exudes charm and honesty.
4. I choose to view my facial features through a lens of self-acceptance and love and release any judgment or criticism I may have about them.
5. I cherish the beauty in my eyes and value their expressiveness and their ability to form deep connections with others.
6. I cherish the shape and contours of my nose, recognizing its functionality in breathing and its role in defining my face.
7. I value and treasure my smile since I know it makes others around me happy and cheerful.
8. I choose to cherish the individuality and beauty of my lips, knowing that they have the ability to convey compassion and love.
9. I appreciate and respect the balance and natural beauty of the structure and symmetry of my face.
10. I value the organic contours and traits that have grown through time since they reflect my experiences and evolution.
11. I accept and adore my facial expressions and use them to accurately portray a variety of emotions.
12. I understand that genuine beauty emanates from the inside out, and my facial characteristics are an outward manifestation of the light and love that fills my heart.
How to Use Body Positive Affirmations for Body Dysmorphia
|Pick the top 10 body positive affirmations that are relevant to your particular situation and resonate with you the most. The ones that connect with you on a deeper level and feel the most meaningful to you.
|Write those affirmations on paper or on your phone and dedicate 5-10 minutes each day to focus on these affirmations. Pick a time that suits you best. First thing in the morning, during lunch break, before bed, you name it.
|As you say these body-positive affirmations, visualize them as if it’s your current reality. Vividly see yourself in a confident and relaxed state, carrying yourself with poise and grace, achieving your goals, and operating at your best potential.
|As you do this practice, notice the shifts in your state of mind. Notice how you subtly grow more relaxed and confident, feeling a sense of motivation and self-assurance. Also notice any doubts, negative thoughts, or anxiety creeping in during this practice. Acknowledge those thoughts and gently let them go. It’s okay. You’re doing just fine. Just bring your focus back on positive and proactive thoughts and visualization.
|Be gentle and patient with yourself. It can take some time to start reaping the benefits of this practice. If you don’t feel any significant improvement in the first couple of days, it’s okay. Just trust the process and be consistent in your use of these affirmations.
|Periodically switch up your list of top 10 body positive affirmations and pick new ones from this list. Bookmark this page so it’s easier for you to return to this list.
|Remember that affirmations are a “tool” designed to help you positively reprogram your mind toward improvement. Affirmations work best when complemented with practical actions such as setting goals for improvement, taking measures to eliminate negativity and distractions as much as possible, and making everyday choices that help you gain confidence in yourself.
Additional Tips & Strategies to Overcome Body Image Issues
Apart from using these body-positive affirmations daily, here are a few important tips and strategies you should keep in consideration as you work to improve your body image:
I hope these affirmations for body image serve you well. Feel free to check out my In-Depth Guide on How to Fix Body Image Issues (COMING SOON).
Check out more related affirmations:
Take good care of yourself and I’ll see you in the next one!