Low self-esteem can greatly affect our day-to-day life and social interactions, and can often be debilitating creating a diminished sense of one’s own worth and capabilities.
People grappling with low self-esteem tend to have negative beliefs about themselves and frequently engage in self-critical thoughts that undermine their own achievements.
This internal dialogue of self-doubt reflects in different aspects of our lives, affecting relationships, career aspirations, and our overall well-being.
The following Affirmations for Low Self-Esteem are designed specifically to cover the different challenges that people with low self-esteem usually face.
These affirmations will help you get into the right headspace to start loving yourself, as well as being accepting, respectful, and kind toward yourself.
For your ease, I’ve divided the affirmations into several sections. Here’s an overview. Feel free to jump between sections:
- Affirmations for Low Self-Esteem
- Negative Self-Image
- Past Traumas that Led to Low Self-Esteem
- Gaining Self-Respect
- Improving Self-Worth and Confidence
- Embracing Your Imperfections
- How to Use These Affirmations for Low Self-Esteem
- Additional Resources
Improving your self-esteem involves cultivating a positive self-image, challenging negative thought patterns, and developing a mindset of self-compassion and self-acceptance.
These affirmations will help you do exactly that!
Top 35 Affirmations for Low Self-Esteem
1. I am worthy of love and acceptance just as I am.
2. My value is inherent, and I deserve to embrace it fully.
3. Each day, I am growing in self-love and confidence.
4. I release self-doubt and choose to see my unique strengths.
5. I deserve success, and I am capable of achieving it.
6. My worth is not determined by external opinions or achievements.
7. I am a work in progress, and I celebrate the journey of self-discovery.
1. I let go of judgments about my appearance and recognize my beauty.
2. My self-worth is not defined by societal standards of beauty.
3. I see myself through the eyes of compassion and kindness.
4. I am more than my physical appearance. I am a radiant being.
5. I appreciate my body and all it does to support me.
6. My uniqueness is a source of strength and individuality.
7. I choose to focus on the positive aspects of myself.
Past Traumas that Led to Low Self-Esteem
1. I release the grip of past wounds and embrace healing.
2. My past does not define me. I am free to create my future.
3. I forgive myself and others for any pain experienced in the past.
4. Each day, I am moving forward with strength and resilience.
5. I am not limited by the challenges of my past. I am empowered by them.
6. I release the burden of old hurts and open myself to joy and high self-esteem.
7. My journey is one of growth, and I am capable of positive transformation.
1. I honor and value myself, setting the standard for how others treat me.
2. My opinions and feelings are valid, and I express them with confidence.
3. I stand up for my beliefs and assert my boundaries with grace.
4. I deserve to be treated with kindness, dignity, and respect in all relationships.
5. Each day, I cultivate a deep sense of self-respect and integrity.
6. I trust myself to make decisions that align with my values and well-being.
7. I acknowledge my worth, and I choose relationships that uplift and honor me.
Improving Self-Worth and Confidence
1. I believe in my abilities and trust myself to succeed.
2. I radiate confidence, self-respect, and inner harmony.
3. I am deserving of all the good things life has to offer.
4. My self-worth is independent of external achievements.
5. I trust that I have the power to create change in my life.
6. Every challenge I face is an opportunity to grow and improve.
7. I am a unique and valuable person, worthy of love and respect.
Embracing Your Imperfections
1. I embrace my flaws as a natural part of being human.
2. My imperfections make me authentic and relatable.
3. I choose self-compassion over self-criticism.
4. I release the need for perfection and embrace my journey.
5. My mistakes are opportunities for learning and growth.
6. I celebrate my uniqueness and appreciate my quirks.
7. I am a work of art, and I love every part of myself.
How to Use These Affirmations to Improve Self-Esteem
|Pick the top 10 affirmations for Low Self-Esteem that are relevant to your particular situation and resonate with you the most. The ones that connect with you on a deeper level and feel the most meaningful to you.
|Write those affirmations on paper or on your phone and dedicate 5-10 minutes each day to focus on these affirmations. Pick a time that suits you best. First thing in the morning, during lunch break, before bed, or when you find yourself feeling unconfident or having thoughts of self-doubt (which is the best time to use these affirmations!).
|As you say these affirmations to improve your self-esteem, visualize them as if it’s your current reality. Vividly see yourself in a confident and relaxed state, having great social interactions, handling life with ease, achieving your goals, and operating at your best potential.
|As you do this practice, notice the shifts in your state of mind. Notice how you subtly grow more relaxed and confident, feeling a sense of calm and contentment. Also notice any doubts, negative thoughts, or anxiety creeping in during this practice. Acknowledge those thoughts and gently let them go. It’s okay. You’re doing just fine. Just bring your focus back on positive and proactive thoughts and visualization.
|Be gentle and patient with yourself. It can take some time to start reaping the benefits of this practice. If you don’t feel any significant improvement in the first couple of days, it’s okay. Just trust the process and be consistent in your use of these affirmations.
|Periodically switch up your list of top 10 affirmations and pick new affirmations from this list. Bookmark this page so it’s easier for you to return to this list.
|Remember that affirmations are a “tool” designed to help you positively reprogram your mind toward improvement. Affirmations work best when complemented with practical actions such as setting goals for improvement, taking measures to eliminate negativity and distractions as much as possible, and practicing mindfulness in your everyday tasks.
If you struggle with self-acceptance and trapped emotions please read the following guides:
Please check out the following affirmations as they might be relevant to your specific situation. Pick the best affirmations from each and write them down where you can access them easily (or just bookmark the links):
- Body Positive Affirmations to Overcome Body Dysmorphia
- Best Affirmations for Perfectionists
- Effective Affirmations for People Pleasers
- Affirmations for Finding Your Purpose in Life
- Affirmations to Free Yourself From Insecurity
- Affirmations to Eliminate Self-Sabotage Forever!
- Affirmations for Self-Forgiveness
I hope these affirmations help you see yourself in a new light. You have a totally unique genetic makeup, personality, thought patterns, and life destiny that never existed before you.
Remember, nobody is perfect and we all have our own share of struggles and challenges. That doesn’t mean that we can’t love and respect ourselves or love life.
So make sure to take good care of yourself! Wishing the best for you, always!
See you in the next one!